PLANET4iT’s Anti Spam Policy
July 1, 2014
Planet Personnel Agency Inc. (“PLANET4IT”) is committed to ensuring that our customers and others who receive communications from us do not encounter spam. We only send commercial electronic messages (CEMs) from our servers in compliance with this Anti-Spam Policy. A CEM sent by PLANET4IT is an electronic message that encourages participation in a commercial activity, such as or using PLANET4IT’s staffing or consulting placement services.
What is spam?
Spam is unsolicited electronic messages, also known as ‘junk’ e-mail or text messages, often, but not always, sent in bulk form. An electronic message may be spam if:
- The message is deceptive in that there is an attempt to hide the true sender or content of the message;
- The recipient's personal identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to any other potential recipients; or
- The recipient has not granted explicit or implied consent for the message to be sent.
When does PLANET4IT send commercial electronic messages?
PLANET4IT only sends CEMs in the following contexts:
- You have explicitly informed us that they would like to receive such messages (e.g. you have subscribed to our newsletters or alerts);
- PLANET4IT is responding to a request for information from you;
- To communicate with you about job opportunities, resource needs or similar services related to us, with your consent;
- To provide information that you are entitled to receive about products or services you have secured or requested from us;
- You have provided your e-mail address to us, or have published your e-mail address, without placing any restrictions on its use, and the content we are sending you is relevant to your business role;
- A third party who you have an existing relationship with has referred us to you;
- You have an existing business relationship with PLANET4IT;
- You have an existing non-business relationship with PLANET4IT (such as being a volunteer or reference for PLANET4IT);
- The PLANET4IT representative sending you the message has a personal or family relationship with you; or
- You are receiving the message in order for PLANET4IT to fulfill a legal obligation or enforce a pending or existing legal right.
How does PLANET4IT protect you from receiving spam?
- CEMs sent, or caused to be sent, from PLANET4IT’s servers do not:
- Use or contain invalid or forged headers or non-existent domain names;
- Employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent or obscure the sender of the message, the point of origin or the transmission path for the message;
- Contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
- Use a third party's Internet domain name, or relay from or through a third party's equipment, without permission of the third party; or
- Attempt to surprise or confuse you.
PLANET4IT makes best efforts to ensure that you have either specifically asked to receive electronic messages from us, or you can reasonably expect to.
PLANET4IT does not knowingly do business with any company that participates in sending spam. PLANET4IT does not sell or exchange any of your information without your consent.
What if I no longer want to receive messages from PLANET4IT?
In most cases, PLANET4IT’s CEMs provide you with the ability to unsubscribe or opt out of receiving our CEMs. When you unsubscribe using the links or instructions provided in our CEMs, your request will be processed as soon as possible, and no later than 10 days after you send the request. There are only limited contexts in which you cannot request that PLANET4IT stop sending you messages, such as when we must communicate with you to enforce PLANET4IT’s legal rights.
Receipt of a CEM from PLANET4IT that seems to violate this policy
In the unlikely event that you receive any messages from PLANET4IT that may be considered spam, please contact us at CustomerService@PLANET4IT.com and the matter will be investigated. All PLANET4IT staff are aware of this Anti-Spam Policy, are appropriately trained, and are required to ensure that CEMs sent are in compliance with Canada's Anti Spam Legislation. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken in the event that this procedure is not followed.
Changes to this Anti-Spam Policy
PLANET4IT may amend this policy at any time by publishing a new version of it on this website.
We are committed to ensuring that you do not receive unwanted e-mails from our servers. Should you have any questions about PLANET4IT’s spam management strategies, please contact us at CustomerService@PLANET4IT.com. Contact information will also appear on every CEM you receive from us.